Tickhill Parish Room is a Community Hall. The Grade II* listed building was built in 1470 as St Leonard’s Hospice. The logo used here reflects this, the Cursive Script letter L (for St Leonard) with broken chains below (one of the symbols of St. Leonard).
It has had many different uses down the centuries and has been altered and repaired many times. In 1898 it was bought by St. Mary’s Church to whom the building still belongs and it was converted into a meeting room for the parishioners of Tickhill.
Throughout the 20th Century the Parish Room has been used by local people for a wide variety of purposes. Further repairs were made including re-roofing in 1974.
The most recent renovation in 2007 was designed to enable the building to better meet the requirements of the 21st century.
This has been made possible by funding from Yorkshire Rural Community Council, the Coalfields Regeneration Trust and donations from local people.
This historic building is available for hire.
Created by yourcre8iv.uk